Volklingen is a town in Saar-land, Germany. It is situated on the bank of the river Saar on the west of Saar-brucken bordering France. This world heritage site was once famous for its ironworks. Unesco sees ‘six of its gas-blowing engines, built between 1905 and 1914’; remains of its Buch´s puddle ironworks of 1873 are preserved in the power station below the blast furnaces..’.
Saarland is surrounded by France in the west and south and the German state of Rhineland-Palantinate to the north and east. Anciently, Sara was name of a place in Maha-Tila in the Dakshina desha(‘south’) means ‘Negev’. Sara-bhu was name of the river which was then flowing through the city of Sara-bhavati also Sara-vati.
It is interesting to see that Volklingen owes its ancientness to Balk or Venka-giri whose inhabitants were then known as Bacchus as same as Buch whose root is in Baku. It was near Bucaphalus, the city which Alexander built in the name of his horse in Auxion or Oxion region on the bank of the river Dio/Daya.
Historians speak of Celtic tribes of Treveri and Medio-matrici as inhabitants of Saarland. They say this on the basis of the remains of a fortress of refugee at Otzen-hausen in the north of Saarland. It was then a part of Belgica.
Medio-matrici—Medea-Matruka or Mothers
Grand Est—Here Grand means ‘Gada or Fortress’; Sta means ‘Stamba’ or Pillar ; or it may signify Women’s Haven which was then neighbourly to Nysa.
Doll-berg—Dalha or Dahal ; Dhabal or White Village; Dalla was a title of King of Benares.
Gang—refers to the river Ganges at Treveri/Triveni